A directory of shortwave listening frequencies around the world.
Shortwave Listening Tips:
- Listen to Asia and Australia in the morning and listen to Europe at night.
- No SW frequency operates 24 hours. You may not hear anything unless you are listening at the right time, or you may hear another language, or you may hear some other country sharing the frequency.
- Many countries are better heard in non-English broadcasts. Explore the dial and you will hear many fascinating things, including exotic music.
- Some stations only air a few minutes of English; or only in ID announcements (Mexico); or only language lessons (Ecuador).
- Country of origin is shown. Many of the frequencies are relayed from elsewhere. In the case of China, all of them shown below are relays. Don't assume any particular frequency is actually coming directly from the originating country.
- Some major countries no longer broadcast to North America intentionally, such as Australia, Germany, South Africa or the UK. Longer frequency lists for these give you more chances to hear something directed elsewhere.
- More than one station may be involved under some countries, or even outside broadcasts to that country (Liberia, Nigeria, Sudan).
- Many of the strongest signals from strictly religious broadcasters in the US and elsewhere are not shown.
4145 links, including 267 private