A library of handcrafted vector linework for cartography, each designed in a unique aesthetic style. They are meant to break us away from default line paths that we so often rely on by providing more visually-interesting alternatives.
Available in Shapefile, GeoJSON, and Adobe Illustrator formats.
A directory of shortwave listening frequencies around the world.
Shortwave Listening Tips:
- Listen to Asia and Australia in the morning and listen to Europe at night.
- No SW frequency operates 24 hours. You may not hear anything unless you are listening at the right time, or you may hear another language, or you may hear some other country sharing the frequency.
- Many countries are better heard in non-English broadcasts. Explore the dial and you will hear many fascinating things, including exotic music.
- Some stations only air a few minutes of English; or only in ID announcements (Mexico); or only language lessons (Ecuador).
- Country of origin is shown. Many of the frequencies are relayed from elsewhere. In the case of China, all of them shown below are relays. Don't assume any particular frequency is actually coming directly from the originating country.
- Some major countries no longer broadcast to North America intentionally, such as Australia, Germany, South Africa or the UK. Longer frequency lists for these give you more chances to hear something directed elsewhere.
- More than one station may be involved under some countries, or even outside broadcasts to that country (Liberia, Nigeria, Sudan).
- Many of the strongest signals from strictly religious broadcasters in the US and elsewhere are not shown.
A website that discusses apocalypse/X-threat scenarios with a tongue-in-cheek sense of humor.
An interactive map of ham radio repeaters around the world, searchable by callsign, coordinates, tags, state, or relative directions.
A wiki about international travel by international travelers. Talks about many different destinations, specific places and times you might want to visit, airports, local travel, things to do, food, telecommunications, and safety.
An on-line web application that shows you what time it is in every other time zone around the world relative to the current time. Handy if you're trying to figure out if you should ping someone at a particular hour.
5049 links, including 361 private